Whew – that weekend went fast! I can’t believe it’s Monday already… I had THREE birthday parties on Saturday. Two were for my weekend gig and one was for my very best friend in the whole world, Laura. (she comments on every post – how awesome is that?) She had a cookie decorating party because she loves to decorate cookies. I’ll post some pics soon.
One of the weekend gig parties was a pop star karaoke party for a 9 year old girl! It’s a lot of fun singing karaoke and teaching the girls my dance to “Nobody’s Perfect” by Miley Cyrus. I also painted faces (with glitter!), did the limbo, played freeze dance and played “WOULD YOU RATHER” with the kids. Oh, and I got a $40 tip… so, that was awesome.
My problem with “WOULD YOU RATHER” used to be that I could only think of questions that were totally inappropriate for kids (“Would you rather have small boobs or big boobs?” or “would you rather freeze to death or be lit on fire?”), so I compiled a list of questions for kids and it’s one of my most favorite games to play at these parties.
Here is my list of go-to WOULD YOU RATHER questions for kids (along with some notes):
- Would you rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?*
- Would you rather be a giant hamster or a tiny rhino?**
- Would you rather be rich and ugly, or Poor and good looking?***
- Would you rather only eat your favorite food for the rest of your life, or never eat it again?
- Would you rather be a great big giant, or a little tiny person that can fit in my hand?
- Would you rather be hairy all over or completely bald?
- Would you rather be stranded on an island alone or with someone you hate?
- Would you rather have a beautiful house and ugly car or an ugly house and beautiful car?
- Would you rather have a freakishly huge smile or a freakishly small nose?
- Would you rather forget who you were or who everyone else was?
- Would you rather get even or get over it?
- Would you rather give bad advice or take bad advice?
- Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never speak again?
- Would you rather always lose or never play?
*I like to start with this one because I can ask critical-thinking follow-up questions that really get them thinking: (Whispering) What if there was an emergency and you could only talk like this (whisper “help, help”)? (Yelling) WHAT IF YOU WANTED TO TELL A SECRET BUT YOU COULD ONLY TALK LIKE THIS?
**If they want to know exact sizes, I say the hamster is as big as a rhino and the rhino is as small as a hamster.
***Instead of rich/poor you can say smart/stupid. Some parents don’t like using the word “stupid” though.
So… now it’s your turn: WOULD YOU RATHER BE A GIANT HAMSTER OR A TINY RHINO?
I’d rather be a tiny rhino. No question! I think people would be waaay freaked out by a giant hamster. But a tiny rhino is cute… right?
Original source for many of the questions is here.