I’m wearing a new dress today and I just realized I completely forgot to shave one of my legs. One leg is totally smooth and the other… um… is not.
Since smooth (and not-so-smooth) legs are on my mind, I thought I’d share my tips for smooth legs. Some people are blessed with legs that they only need to drag a razor across to make beautifully smooth. Others (like me) need every trick in the book to make sure legs don’t turn red and bumpy (and hidden behind pants… and the beach).
Here are my tips:
My coffee cup was whistling in a recent meeting and it seemed to me it was saying “I may or may not have been late to this meeting because I stopped to get a cup of coffee this morning…” so I needed the whistling to stop immediately.
If you ever have this problem, the solution is simple: use a pen and make the whole in the back of the lid bigger. No more tell-tale latte!
This is a handy little short-cut if you need to format information in a document that is not continuous. Instead of highlighting each bit and formatting one-by-one, you can highlight everything and then format all at once. This trick definitely takes some practice, but if you get the hang of it I know you’ll use it a ton.
BTW, have you noticed that the cool new word is “ton”… pay attention, you’ll hear it all the time now. I wonder where it came from…
- Highlight (using your mouse) the first bit of information
- Hold the “ctrl” key while you highlight the second bit of information
- Continue holding the “ctrl” key as you higlight until you’re all done
- Format the information as you’d like (in this case, bold and red)
Continue reading for screen captures of the steps. (more…)
I ordered flowers today for a friend of mine. *update: the photo above is of the actual arrangement she received* I’ve had nothing but good experiences ordering flowers for friends and family. And I order flowers at least a few times a year. All the times I’ve heard of others having problems, the flowers were ordered through a fancy webpage. I’m sure they have great flowers, but I’ve always gone local and never had a problem.
Here are my tips for ordering flowers:
Finding a Florist:
- Find a florist near the recipient. I’ve always had much better experiences when dealing with the florist directly. Plus, you save on delivery fees.
- Go to Google Maps and type in the address of the recipient
- Click on “Search Nearby” and type “florists”
- Check out your favorite review sites (Yelp, Kudzu, Facebook, etc.) for reviews
Before you Order:
- Have information handy: delivery address/phone number (hospital room number if applicable), hours of operation (if it’s a business), and your credit card number.
- Know you’re “out the door” budget. This includes: arrangement, vase, delivery fee, tax and gratuity.
- Figure out what you want the card to say.
- If you’re not familiar with flower types, it’s nice to be near a computer so you can google images suggestions.
I’m baaaaack!!! Wow – I needed a break. I probably wouldn’t have taken one, but I’m staying at Chez Sister and my routine is all off. How do you people with kids get anything done? They always need to be fed and bathed and they want to be read to and played with… I’m not even doing any of those things and it’s stressful. Thankfully the “Auntie Jeannie is living with us!” novelty is wearing off a bit and I am able to walk around without two kids trailing behind me. Although, now I miss them.
Sorry about doing another “Make It Yummy” post. I have some fun things in the works. Please stay tuned.
This is a great recipe to practice chopping veggies! (more…)