I’ve been sitting on this before-and-after for a long time because there was a give-away tie-in I wanted to do, but I never had a give-away item… until today!
Sadly, the give-away didn’t come by way of a super cool sponsor contacting me like A Cup of Jo or Young House Love… but it’s exciting nonetheless! I received a $50 gift card to Target from work, and decided to share it with one lucky reader… but first, my organized laundry closet (and there is a tie-in to the give-away so pay attention)!
The before picture was from before I even bought my condo. There was one (very large) shelf over the washer and dryer that was so cumbersome. After I got the stackable washer/dryer, my laundry closet looked like this:
er, not much better… it was like that for a looooong time.
But then I went to the Container Store and got a fancy elfa shelf system and now it looks like this:
You like? I do, and here’s why:
- For some reason, I don’t have a hall closet in my little place, so there was no practical place to store the vacuum (especially when I had a roommate). Now, I can wheel that baby in and out of the laundry closet with ease
- There’s a little rod where I can air dry my delicates
- Every single shelf is easily accesible
- It can hold a ton of stuff – including a bunch of super-sized items from Costco
- I can store the laundry baskets on the floor below the shelfs
- The top shelf stores SIXTEEN rolls of paper towels! SIXTEEN!*
- I installed the whole system by myself!
*there is only 12 in this picture, but it can hold SIXTEEN… I promise.
Now… on to the give-away!
Here’s how to enter my first-ever give-away:
- prize: One $50 gift card to my favorite store, Target (with a chance to double it!)
- to enter: Comment on this post and check back at 12:00pm PST on Friday, May 21st
- giveaway closes: Thursday, May 20th at 8pm PST
- bonus question: Throw in your guess at how many unique (paper towels = 1) Costco products there are in the “after” photo for a chance to DOUBLE the gift card to $100! (I’m throwing in that extra $50 just because I think it would be cool if somebody guessed correctly)
You might be wondering why this give-away is open for so long… good question! I’m giving you time to share the opportunity to win $50 to Target with all your friends. You’re welcome. (seriously, I have no idea how this is going to play out and I’d like more than a handful of comments)
Some (less fun) details:
- One entry per e-mail address is permitted.
- The winner will be selected using random.org (using a method similar to this) and announced on Friday, May 21st.
- Prize can only be shipped to an address in the United States