One of my favorite things to do it organize every inch of my life – I just love it. Sometimes, after I organize something, I’ll just look at it. Like, for a long time.
I’ve decided to share some of my handier tips in a new segment here called Organization Inspiration. So, in this premiere edition of Organization Inspiration, I hope to show you some fun ways to tackle organizing your car.
1. It’s always good to have an umbrella in your car. My “car umbrella” ends up rotating quite a bit because I loan it out a lot.
2. I keep this project case filled with coloring books, crayons and markers under a seat for those times when I might take my neices and nephew to a restaurant.
3. A cute notebook is always a good thing to have in the car.
4. Little zipper cases are great for cars. Whenever my make-up has about a 1/4 left (foundation, mascara, blush, eye shadow), I usually retire it to my car or office drawer (that way, I never need to resort to using anything but the “best stuff”).
5. My favorite part of my organized car: these black storage boxes from the Container Store. There are a few reasons why I like these storage boxes, and I’m going to bullet them for you – these boxes:
- are so easy to get stuff in and out of
- hold a lot of stuff
- don’t look like they belong on your garage (ie, they’re not plastic storage boxes)
- are only $20 a piece!
6. Whenever I try to save a few bucks, I take my car through the drive-thru car washes instead of a hand wash. While I’m sitting in my car letting the automatic scrubbers do their thing (probably while I blast Bon Jovi), I use these wipes on my dash and console to make my car *look* like I went through a hand wash.
7. My very best girlfriend, Laura, got me the most thoughtful birthday present a few years ago. It was a little case filled with stuff that I might need in a girl emergency (think nail files and hair ties – and stay tuned later this week for more information). That little case has saved my butt on a number of occasions, and it will always have a place in my car.
9. I like keeping collections in these mesh bags in the pockets behind my seats. I prefer the mesh bags because it looks nicer to keep everything in there, and I can grab everything easily if I need two. Specifically, I keep doggie bags, a portable water bowl and a frisbee in one mesh bag, and my sunblock, flipflops, and (ahem) tanning lotion in another mesh bag).
So, there you have it. I hope you were inspirated by some of my organization solutions. Check in later this week to see all these goodies in action!
Also, I’ll have the full breakdown of item #7 in a post later this week too!